Thursday, June 08, 2006

Little chocolate drops of joy

A colleague of mine - who is a constant source of great, chocolate-filled recipes - just dropped one of these "little pieces of heaven" off at my desk. At first I didn't know what it was - just that it looked like a small piece of very moist and dense chocolate brownie, topped with a white frosting of some sort. After I put it in my mouth, though, I knew I had encountered something much better than a bit of brownie!

These "cookies" taste like OREO-flavored truffles, to tell the truth. And I guess they should, since you use an entire package of the dunkable treats to make them! They're obviously not gourmet by any means, but they sure are tasty when you're looking for something sweet and easy :)

OREO Truffle Drops

One package OREO (regular flavor) cookies
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
8-10 ounces good white chocolate

Place half of the cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blitz until finely ground. Pour crumbs into the bowl of a stand mixer and the blitz the remaining OREOs in the food processor. Add those crumbs to the bowl of the stand mixer as well.

Add softened cream cheese to cookie crumbs and mix until well blended. Cool if needed, then form into one-inch balls. Melt white chocolate and spoon a dollop of it onto the truffle drops. Cool until white chocolate is firm, then serve.

No comments: